2 days until I FINALLY get to meet my new students, and so far it’s shaping up to be my best year yet.
1) At our district-wide “Welcome Back” meeting our brand new superintendent said: “If you take care of the kids, the test scores will take care of themselves.” Yes. He said that. I didn’t dream it. (I checked with others to be sure!!)
2) 3 of my 8 department members are newly hired to the district, and so far they all seem like home run hires… student centered, hardworking, and fun to be around.
3) I spent the last 3 days in PD and NEVER FELT LIKE MY TIME WAS WASTED. I’m pretty sure that is a world record.
4) I got a new classroom and it has ceiling fans and 7 wall outlets. (We have no air conditioning and it is routinely in the 90 degrees F in my area for the first 4 weeks of school. My last classroom had 2 wall outlets and no ceiling fans… I’m in heaven.
5) I love what I do. I love it more every year.